Craving for butter cake so i bake this butter cake for myself and children......
*makes a 8” square cake pan
5 egg yolks (large)
230g cake flour
1tsp double action baking powder
1/2tsp vanilla essence
5 egg whites (large)
1. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy.
2. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and baking powder and beat well to combine. Fold through the milk and combine well.
3. Beat egg whites until soft foam. Gradually add in sugar, and beat till soft peak.
4. Slowly fold in egg white mixture, and use a hand whisk to stir well with egg yolk mixture till combine and thick paste.
5. Spoon the batter in a cake pan which line the base with paper and lightly grease.
6. Bake at preheated oven at 180c for 55mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer.